We want to ensure that the neighbourhood is attractive, well-maintained and a safe place to live. In order to make this happen we have to effectively manage the environment around our properties and any common areas.
Estate management incorporates many different services, some of which are not provided by us but by external agencies, such as Glasgow City Council.
We aim to work in partnership to ensure the area you live in is of a high standard, however it is important that you report any issues you see to the correct agency directly, and take responsibility for the part you play in keeping the area clean and tidy.
What is Glasgow City Council responsible for?
The council tax that you pay is used to provide you with many council services. These are not provided by Rosehill therefore if you have issues relating to them you should report them to Glasgow City Council (GCC) directly. Glasgow City Council are responsible for the following:
De-littering - De-littering of the roads and pavements in your local area.They will also deal with any incidents of fly-tipping.
- Bin Collection - Bins are collected on different days depending on what area you live in GCC also deals with replacement bins and issues with collection.
- Bulk uplift - removal of large waste items
- Roads and pavements - Potholes on roads or uneven pavements.
- Street lighting - Faulty street lighting or if lighting is inadequate in your area.
- Graffiti & dog fouling - If you want to report any dog fouling or graffiti related issues you should call the Environmental Task Force.
- Pest control - Rodent control including rats, mice or squirrels. There is a charge for removing wasp nests.
- Abandoned vehicles - Investigation into who is responsible for abandoned vehicles and the removal of them.
You can report issues directly to the Environmental Task Force via social media by following them on Twitter @theenvtaskforce or Facebook Envtaskforce.
You can also download the My Glasgow App, which will allow you to report issues using a phone or tablet.
For more information on the services provided by Glasgow City Council, or to find out how you can report issues, visit their website www.glasgow.gov.uk or phone them on 0141 287 9700.
As a resident of the local area it is essential that you do your part in keeping the area clean and safe. It is important that you follow the guidelines set out in your tenancy agreement but you also need to report issues to us or to the relevant agency. It is also a condition of a tenancy to keep pets under control and if you have a garden to ensure it is well maintained.
Our staff regularly carry out estate inspections. The purpose of these is:
- To check fire safety within closes
- To ensure tenants’ gardens are being well kept and maintained e.g. grass being cut, de-littered and edged
- To ensure closes are being cleaned to an acceptable standard and that the close cleaning rotas are being adhered to.
- To ensure grass cutting and weeding of our estate is being carried out to an acceptable standard by ourcontractor
- To ensure backcourts are of a reasonable standard
- To identify any breaches of the tenancy agreement that can lead to deterioration of the estate
- To identify and report communal repairs
- To identify and arrange for graffiti to be removed